July 16: Swim

I should have known that this would be the title my kid would give me for note-a-day. He usually resorts to one-word one-syllable offerings; his past two were "pig" and "bacon." That meant that he gave me the same title twice, the only difference between them being an abattoir.

So now I am to write about swimming.

Now when my kid says "swim," he isn't necessarily telling me that he wants to take a dip in a pool. What he's saying is he wants me to take him to a splash pad and let him frolic therein for the next eight billion hours. My kid NEVER gets tired of splash pads. I am exceedingly grateful that these splash pads are free to use. If I had to pay, I'd be completely broke.

-

I have just returned from swimming (see definition above.) Kiddo frolicked in a splash pad from 4:30 p.m. until 7. 

But now that we are home, he doesn't want me to write. He wanted to go to bed and watch Caillou and cuddle. Okay, kiddo. But the price you pay is an abbreviated note like this one.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dec. 15: Is it Wednesday

July 23: Moonstones and rubies

July 27: Elephants in green socks